My Mind is Blank Already!
Posting number two and I am already searching for words? This can’t be a good sign! Or perhaps it is merely the added pressure that a second post brings. You give me the benefit of the doubt on a first post as it is new and of course just the first post. But the second…no the second should have MEAT! CONTENT! Trumpets should be blaring! Angels singing. Well not sure if I can make all that happen.
But let me first start by saying THANK YOU! Since the first posting on the blog on Monday, this page has been viewed 56 times! Not record breaking, but a much stronger start to things than I initially expected and hope it only grows from here!
Alright…1:00 am and still no words…what to write…inspiration. That’s what I need. Inspiration. Let’s look up inspiration in the dictionary…maybe that will help trigger some in some way…in·spi·ra·tion (ĭn’spə-rā’shən) noun
- Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.
- The condition of being so stimulated.
- An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention.
- Something, such as a sudden creative act or idea, that is inspired.
- The quality of inspiring or exalting: a painting full of inspiration.
- Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind.
Well I am not sure if this has sparked any inspiration, but it really does summarize well the art of photography does it not? Capturing ones own inspired visions in a film or digital medium. Sharing that creation with the hope of inspiring others or merely sharing what inspired you to take action. So now I am curious… what inspires you? Is there something in life in general that inspires you? What specifically inspires you when looking at a photograph? Is it the message the photo conveys? The complexity or simplicity? The technical aspects of the lighting, composition, and adherence to the rule of thirds? Or is it a specific subject matter conveyed in a photo that really inspires you?
Please, share your thoughts!
Two closing thoughts for this week’s post…
1. More quality content coming soon. I swear. Seriously. I have a lot of ideas for future posts, but need time to flesh them all out.
2. Added a tab at the top of the page listing all of my current photography gear in case anyone is interested. I am sure I am forgetting things and will add them as they come to mind.
3. COMING NEXT WEEK!!! I have the first of many interviews to share with you! Really excited about a 2-part interview with a talented Pittsburgh photographer and designer, Jeff Zoet!! This will be a must read so tell a friend!